The failure rate for keeping new year resolutions is 80%. What seems like a good idea at the time can turn into drudgery if you don’t have a solid plan in place for how to actually keep the resolutions you make—whether you make them at the beginning of the year or the middle of July.
Here are 7 Steps to help you keep those resolutions:
- Make one or two resolutions, not more
- Define the reason you want to make the change
- Make sure your resolution is achievable
- Make your resolution part of a long term goal
- Make the resolution very specific
- Automate as much as you can
- Check you progress regularly
The Compass Catholic blog has more details about the above suggestions for actually making the change you want in your life.