It’s tax time, and here are some tips to reduce your tax burden:
- Decide whether to use the standard deductions or itemize your deductions
- If you itemize, track expenses that are deductible throughout the year.
- Take advantage of mortgage interest deductions
- Google W4 withholding calculators to determine if you need to adjust the number of deductions you are taking on your W4 form
- Boost your retirement savings and reduce your taxes
- Take advantage of employer programs for your health care flex spending and child care costs.
Your goal is to be tax neutral–not paying too much at tax time and not using your income taxes as an interest free loan to the government.
To learn more, connect with us via the Compass Catholic Blog.