October 31, 2018
Avoid paying interest, don’t buy things you don’t need, and above all else, don’t get caught up in trying to live someone else’s lifestyle. These are all things frugal people do to avoid wasting money.
Read the Compass Catholic blog for more on how to save money by being conscious of the things you should never do.
August 1, 2018
So, you got a raise! Is it time for the bigger car, larger house, fancier vacations and more stuff for the kids? As your salary increases it’s easy to justify treating yourself and your family to nice things. You work hard. You DESERVE to have nice things. And once you get on that merry go round it’s hard to get off.
For more about Lifestyle Inflation, here’s the Compass Catholic blog.
April 25, 2018
Now is the time to plan for vacation so you don’t come home from a great vacation only to face a ton of debt.
This podcast will give you 10 tips on saving for your summer vacation. Even God rested on the 7thday and we too need to rest and relax away from the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life, but it’s important to do that without driving yourself into debt.
Listen in and check out our blog to learn more about ways to save for a debt free vacation.
September 29, 2017
It’s about that time of year when we start daydreaming about basking in the sun on the beach, then we wake up and wonder how we’ll pay for it.
You should ALWAYS pay cash for a vacation because it is silly to finance a luxury. No matter where you’re going, there are plenty of simple ways to cut expenses. Here are some ideas:
- Sign up for a travel-related credit card and use the points to pay for hotel or air fare costs.
- Be flexible with times and days when booking flights.
- Travel off-season. Just before or after peak season will get you lower prices, smaller crowds and the weather will still be nice.
- Avoid the most popular destinations and try a similar location. Places like Costa Rica, Croatia and coastal areas in Brazil are more affordable than you think.
- Look for vacation rentals, rather than hotel rooms. We have gotten some great deals from VRBO.
- Take free tours. In many major cities around the world, the locals offer free walking tours to show you the city’s highlights and teach you about the culture.
Read Evelyn's Blog: Planning Your 2018 Vacation.